MEDICATION REVIEW HOME VISIT
Are you taking multiple medications?
STS now offers a Pharmacist Home Visit service. One of our Pharmacists will come to your home to conduct a Medication Review
at no charge.
* Valid BC Care Card required
The visits are performed by experienced hospital Pharmacists who are registered with the College of Pharmacists
of British Columbia.
WHY DO YOU NEED A MEDICATION REVIEW ?
HOW A MEDICATION REVIEW WORKS
During a one-on-one, uninterrupted meeting, an STS Pharmacist will sit down with you in order to:
- Assess your current and past medication history;
- Confirm that you understand why you are taking each medication and if you are taking each correctly;
- Trouble-shoot any present or potential drug therapy problems;
- Determine the goals of therapy for each medication;
- Identify possible interventions to manage any existing or possible drug therapy concerns;
- Create a care plan to help resolve any drug related problems to help you achieve the goals of therapy;
- Develop a follow-up plan to ensure that issues discussed at the appointment are dealt with accordingly.
*Our STS Pharmacist appointment can take between 30 to 45 minutes.
WHO PAYS FOR THIS ?
The Government of British Columbia started a program in 2012 which enables Pharmacists to perform Medication Reviews, at no cost to residents, as a benefit of the British Columbia Health Care Insurance Plan.
These reviews are designed to help British Columbians better understand and successfully manage their medications and medical conditions.